What's your inspiration Wednesday - Magazine ideas

I had a good old chuckle today as I was standing in the newsagent having a flick through the latest edition of 'Real Living' magazine. As always the mag is filled with creative, budget conscience decorating ideas and this edition is a bumper edition with a bonus 48 pages of decorating ideas. Well one of the simple decorating tips jumped off the page at me as it looked very very familiar. The below page was the one that caught my attention...


As some of you know I am a committee member for Lotus Interiors which is a volunteer organisation that does individually tailored home makeovers for women and children looking to restart they're life after being impacted by domestic violence. Well on our very first makeover (which was back in June 2010) we had come across some palm pods which we took along to the makeover as we had a few ideas of how we might be able to use them. However on the day after nearly completing the makeover we felt the lounge/study area needed a little 'something'. So in a moment of inspiration we decided to put the two palm pods that we had up on the wall as natural and unique artworks.  Check out the pics below.



I was so chuffed. I sms'd some of the girls to tell them 'we (just an ordinary group ladies) are setting the home styling trends in Australia'. Obviously this was totally a tongue in cheek comment as I really don't believe that our little project has had any impact on Australia's home styling trends. In fact I feel sure Real Living magazine do not know anything about our little organisation. But it did make me chuckle and it was a wonderful validation of our work and creativity. All our makeovers are dependant completely on utilising donated homewares and restored (free) treasures. I personally am loving the creative challenge which is just a total bonus of what is such a privilege and amazing cause to be apart of. 

I love living the Kre8ive Life!!!!