Monday Makes - Simple Magnets...

Today's 'MAKE' is a very simple one. I have been meaning to do this one for probably months now, after I discovered sheets of sticky magnetic paper in my local $2 shop.  It was soooooo very simply but one that certainly had the desired effect.

'Button' loves fridge magnets, ages ago I bought her the standard number and alphabet plastic fridge magnets, after she fell in love with my sister-in-laws. Although they are usually on the floor, or pushed under the fridge she enjoys playing with them. She also has amazing fine motor skills and has had since she was very small (in fact we often call her the 'Bird Picker' cause she always has her thumb and index finger, like a little birds beck, picking up the most minute bits and pieces).  

So I had an idea to make her time playing with magnets a little more interesting. I used some images that I had painstakingly cut out of magazines and catalogues for another project that never eventuated and two sheets of that sticky magnet paper I bought from my local $2 shop (total cost $4). Stuck the images on the paper and cut them out. Told you it was a simply project. Tip- I used Teflon coated scissors which helps a lot as the magnet paper is very very sticky.   

And here is the result. It is not revolutionary I know. But she loves them. I will need to buy some more of that sticky magnet paper as I have TONNES of images already cut out and they were a hit.


I chose some of her favourite things: puppy, cake, trees, a tick tock, dinner, shoes, apple, and dolphin. 


As well as Upsy Daisy, Iggle Piggle and Makka Pakka.


Not to mention a car, bike, baby and Daddy's belt.

This was a great project that I am sure all kids would love. I also think it is a great way to turn your photos into magnets so you can ditch those ugly advertising one's we all use simply cause we don't have anything else.

I would love to hear about your latest Kre8ive Practice idea.