Splish Splash I was taking a bath…

I feel like I am always being challenged to be more generous but lately it seems to be more than normal. In particular I feel like I am being challenged to be generous with my time. Most of us automatically think - financially - when the topic of generosity is raised. Sometimes (even in these tough economic times) financial generosity is the easiest as it does not require giving too much of ourselves. While contemplating how I could be more generous with my time, it occurred to me that it is really ONLY generosity if I am giving my time in a way that is REALLY meaningful to the recipient…

Well yesterday presented me with the perfect opportunity to practice. My 3 month old had been a little grumpy, and while I really wanted to continue doing what I had been working on, I felt challenged to give her some more of my time and undivided attention. So I thought about what would be the most meaningful way for us to share sometime together. For Button (that’s our affectionate name for her) time in the bath is as special as any activity can get at the moment. She loves the bath, particularly the big bath where she can kick and splash and just be surrounded by the water. She, actually WE had a ball. She splashed and kicked around for ages. She went from being a little out of sorts to all smiles and laughs and giggles.



It is amazing the impact that generously giving of your time can have. Obviously having a bath with everyone is not going to be the most appropriate way to be generous. However yesterday's little bathtime activity was a practical demonstration of the difference giving of your time can make to someone else, if you are prepared to give of yourself in a way that is meaningful and important to them...so have fun being kre8ively generous!!!