One Million Stars...

Peppermint Magazine is one my favourite magazines! I love everything about it. I love that it champions artisans and I love that it encourages sustainability and a social conscience.

So recently I came across an old edition of the magazine from last year and was so super inspired I had to share it with you. The theme for the Winter 2015 edition was 'Be Kind'. Love it already!

The magazine was filled with super inspiring stories of people doing amazing things to help others. But one of the stories in particular just grabbed me. The story introduced us to Maryann Talia Pau, founder of the One Millions Stars Project. A project that was birthed out of a response to the murder of Jill Meagher, in Victoria, Australia. Maryann's studio and church were in the local area and witnessing the grief and helplessness she responded in the most natural way she could which was to weave. As an artist and a weaver, Maryann spoke without words and weaved symbols of light and hope. The One Million Stars to End Violence project was born.



"There is still reason to be light in the world. 

There is still opportunity to have courage and to speak up or protect someone who needs it." 

Maryann Talia Pau




I loved this story so much. I love that one lady saw a situation - an absolute injustice and acted. She didn't allow herself to just be moved, she acted. And she acted in a way that came most natural to her. Well after reading this article, I was totally inspired. This is the kind of life I want to live. This to me is living creatively.

So I have been weaving stars.... And you can join in too and raise awareness against violence. To check out the article in Peppermint Magazine for yourself Click Here. Or use the link below to start your own WEave100 Community or find our more about the One Millions Stars to End Violence Project. 

  "I'm learning that compassion and kindness are random. I wish there was more of it in the world, but I  realise that you just have to be those things yourself and it will inspire and give others the courage to do the same. I think compassion and kindness will people to take risks, which is a far more fulfilling way to live."   Maryann Talia Pau




Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. 

Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.


Photo: Nik Harrison. 2013.
The Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne. Australia. The Big Design Market.
http://www.onemillionstars.net