Friday's Faves - Journaling...

This Friday's Faves is all about Journaling. You can journal to discover more about yourself and or you can journal to discover and engage with Him who created you. There are many reasons why people journal. I prayer journal.

It is my time to offer up my praise and gratitude, to work through my feelings and circumstances, and to bring petitions to Him who is able to do more with them then me. Journaling for me though is not just writing. In fact writing is often a very small part of my journaling. I find just writing tedious. Initially it helps to maintain my attention but ultimately I get bored.  I also find it a little two dimensional in expressing exactly where I am at. I am a visual person after all. My journaling is usually more about colouring, doodling, creating patterns and visual images.

I have explored prayer journaling on and off for years, in many different forms. Read books about the styles of journaling that are more meaningful to me and once again I find myself back exploring.

No mater why you journal hopefully these might inspire you on your journaling journey - they have inspired me on mine....

Follow Beautifully Recreated's board Friday Faves on Pinterest.