Help, ideas needed - Thought for Thursday...

"Despite Circumstances" work of Amanda McSeveny
Mixed Medium Sculpture on Vinyl
@ Vinyl Medium Exhibition from 20 May - 11 June


"Despite Circumstances" work of Amanda McSeveny
Mixed Medium Sculpture on Vinyl
@ Vinyl Medium Exhibition from 20 May - 11 June


Well my thought for today is 'Maintaining Momentum'! How do I maintain momentum?

Recently I completed 2 sculptures (I have never really done sculptures- always 3d wall art but never sculptures with the intention that they stand alone) for two separate art exhibitions. I was very pleased with how they turned out and have been really excited about the prospect of starting some new projects and completing others that have sat dormant for some time. Both of these pieces have taken about 12 months from idea to completion, with most of the work being completed at the very last minute (which is so historically not how I work). I am still coming to terms with the fact that since becoming a Mum and taking on the other activities that I have, completing one piece of my art is such a lengthy process.

So with a few runs on the board for 2011 now and with my new found excitement I am seeking the wisdom of all you amazingly talented artisan bloggers - what tips do you have for me in regard to how you maintain momentum???