What's in your heart...


Yep today is Friday but here it is anyway my  Thought for Thursday...

You may have heard it said that it is, "out of the overflow of the heart that the mouth speaks." If this is true it would stand to reason that it is perhaps worth examining from time to time what is in our heart!

Lately I have been asking myself this question. I believe the practice of regular self reflection (and then course correction) is essential for a Kre8ive Life. How can we be continuously growing and increasing our capacity if we are not reflecting on who we are today, where have come from and where we believe we are headed? As with all self reflection however, what we find, if are willing to be honest with ourselves CAN be a bit confronting.

We all know that if 'pushed' by the right set of circumstances we all have the capacity to say things that we regret later. Often this heat of the moment comments can take even us by surprise. I know I have certainly had moments where I have been taken a back by my MOUTH and the words that have come out of it.

I totally believe that it IS out of the 'overflow of the heart that the mouth speaks' and therefore it is important to ensure I know what thoughts, values and beliefs have taken up residence there. As I travel though my Kre8ive Life I want to be able to see the growth and development of my heart. I want it to be ever expanding in its capacity for joy, compassion, love, generosity and encouragement...

I have much GROWTH still required but ensuring I have regular HEART check ups (not the physical 'heart' although they are recommended as well- but the SOUL heart) along my Kre8ive Life journey keeps me traveling in the right direction... It's currently check up time!