Paralysis... Thought for Thursday

I know it is not Thursday, but I started this yesterday and well got stuck...


Paralysis: is the complete loss of muscle function in one or more muscle groups. Paralysis can cause loss of feeling or loss of mobility in the affected area.



Well lately I have had KRE8IVE paralysis. My kre8ive muscles have lost all movement. Despite the desire and an enormous list of 'want to do' projects I just don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have found myself totally overwhelmed by the number of creative projects/ thoughts/ plans I have on the go or in my head to do. The list of ideas started but not completed (yet) is endless. Not to mention all of those project/ ideas that are rattling around in my head. I am swamped with inspiration, it seems that everywhere I look sparks another idea/ thought. This just overwhelms me more, as a result lately I have felt kinda immobilised like paralysis has set in!!!!


Now I am aware that I am a bit of a perfectionist and that I can very easily get caught up on the 'I MUST BE ACHIEVING' merry-go-round. So I write this with that in mind, knowing that I am possibly being my own harshest critic- as usual.

I read an interesting quote the other day which has also been rattling around in my head. The quote says, "Life was meant to be lived NOT contemplated". Do you ever find that you have so many thoughts about the life you want to live, the person you want to be, the things that you want to do, yet many of them only remain THOUGHTS? I really don't want to live like that. I want a life where my thoughts and my actions MATCH. Now maybe it is a very unrealistic expectation that one could LIVE the things they THINK, and it is probably the expectation that I could achieve this that has lead to or contributed to my current state of PARALYSIS, but yet I still feel compelled to try.

I would like to be a person that actually does (or at lest attempts) the things that rattle around in my head. I am hoping you know what I mean:

- The next time I have a creative idea I hope I give it a go.
- If I think I should give that friend a call I hope I actually do.
- When I pass a homeless person on the street and think I should give a couple of dollars - I do (and not just keep walking cause I feel a little uncomfortable).

One tiny movement at a time - I think that is the only way to overcome PARALYSIS and stop it from immobilising you.