A cure for the Funk...

Thought for Thursday....

I was in an absolute funk the other day- I just could not get out of my own way. I just could have stayed in my pj's and parked myself in front of the tennis and stayed there all day. My attitude was stinky and I had zero motivation. The worst part was this was totally not how I wanted to feel. I kept telling myself that my attitude stunk for so early in the year and that it was not good enough for me to spend the day sitting on my ass. So in a desperate attempt to do something meaningful with my day I decided that the only thing that would make me move my sorry self was to do something for someone else.


I knew a friend of mine needed some cushion covers made for someone she was helping out so I figured "I can sew and I have a machine sitting there doing nothing". So, sew I did. I made cushion covers and I was pretty happy with the result...




What's more it was just the remedy I needed. So in 2010 when I hit a low and the funk sets in, which it undoubtedly will hit more times than I will be able to count- I will ATTEMPT to take my eyes off me and do something for someone else.

Generosity is the perfect cure for stinky attitudes and poor motivation.